WHAT IS HOME HEALTH CARE?
“Home Health Care” is providing clinically proven health and medical services for individuals with acute illness, long term health conditions, permanent disability or terminal illness in the privacy of ones home. Around the Clock Care understands that home is where you want to be when you’re sick.
Technological advancements now make it possible to administer state-of-the-art medical treatment safely and efficiently in the home… from IV/Infusion therapies to complex wound care, from intravenous feedings to rehabilitative therapies.
Our purpose is to ensure that the patient maintains independence and dignity while providing the best possible care.
WHAT ARE YOUR NEEDS?
Home Health Care is suitable for all ages, with all kinds of needs. Our job is to help restore health and increase independence. Typical clients for Home Health Care have experienced the following:
- Recovery from hospitalization
- Chronic conditions that need frequent monitoring
- Difficulty controlling illnesses
- Terminal illness
- Recovery from stroke or surgery
- Issues with skin integrity or breakdown
- Personal hygiene, care and dressing
- Ambulation/transfer and help with activities of daily living
- Problems with mobility, weakness, decreased movement or pain
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Speech impairment, audiology, memory and swallowing disorders
- Adjustments following an illness
- Psychosocial assessments
- Social programs and community resources
WHEN IS HOME HEALTH APPROPRIATE?
Home Health Care is appropriate to monitor or control illness, prevent hospitalization, rehospitalization or in order to reduce or eliminate a hospital stay.
Patients are able to leave the hospital earlier, receive quality care at home and improve more quickly, without compromising their health or safety.