The Kern Around the Clock Caregiver Training and Assistance Program is designed to assist eligible caregivers aged 18 and older who share their time unselfishly caring for their family members and friends aged 60 and older. Caregivers that provide care to individuals under age 60 with neurological disabilities also qualify. The role of caregiver often carries with it a high toll on the emotional, physical and financial well being of the caregiver.
The Caregiver Training and Assistance Program seeks to teach family members and friends how to provide safe, compassionate care to loved ones at home. In addition, we strive to educate caregivers on the importance of self-care, and provide the opportunity to participate in our support network of individuals and groups to share experiences and gain hope. Further, we have the resources and expertise to link caregivers with community resources, services and other support systems.
Monetary, equipment or supply donations are gladly accepted and greatly appreciated. Your donation is fully tax-deductible. Services will not be denied, if you choose NOT to donate.
WHAT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED?
The following services are provided at our facility:
- Individually tailored workshops addressing long term patient care issues
- Special workshops addressing topics such as stress management, helping caregivers cope with day to day concerns and home care safety
- Other workshops addressing a variety of topics of concern to caregivers
- Support groups: monthly meetings in a supportive atmosphere, designed to ease the stress of care giving by sharing experiences and ideas
ARE ANY SERVICES AVAILABLE OFF SITE?
The following services are provided in the client or caregiver’s home:
- Specialized information and assistance with access to supporting community resources
- Professional assistance with providing information about specific medical conditions
- Instruction in the skills necessary for caring for an individual in the home
HOW MUCH DOES THE PROGRAM COST?
There is no cost to participants. The Kern Around the Clock Caregiver Training and Assistance Program is made possible by funding from the Kern County Department of Aging and Adult Services, using funds provided by the State of California and the Federal Government.